Microsoft KB Archive/252749
Article ID: 252749
Article Last Modified on 11/25/2002
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q252749
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
This article applies only to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb).
When you click the Advanced button in the Import Text Wizard, the mouse pointer changes to an hour glass, and Access appears to stop responding (hang). To quit the process, press CTRL+BREAK. In the Code Interrupted dialog box, click OK. To close the Import Text Wizard dialog box, click the Close button (that is, the x at the top-right corner of the dialog box).
During Setup, Access was set to Installed on First Use. When you run the Import Wizard before any other wizard, and then click the Advanced button in the Import wizard, the wizard appears to hang because a component required by the Advanced dialog box, Acwzusr.mdt, has not yet been installed.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
To temporarily work around this problem, try one of the following methods:
- Run the Form Wizard to create a form.
- Install Typical Wizards.
NOTE: In rare cases when you try these workarounds, you may still get the error: If you see this error, then upgrading to Microsoft Office SR1 is the only resolution.
For information about how to use these methods, see the steps in the "More Information" section later in this article.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
To create a form with the Form Wizard, follow these steps:
- In the Database window, click Forms under Objects, and then click New.
- In the New Form box, click Form Wizard, click any table or query in the Choose the table or query where the object's data comes from box, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted with Which fields do you want on your form?, insert one field, and then click Finish.
After the form is finished, you can close it and delete it if you want. The Advanced option of the Import Wizard should now work successfully.
To install the Typical Wizards, follow these steps:
- Close any Microsoft Office program that you have open.
- Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.
- Select Microsoft Office 2000 Premier, Microsoft Office Professional, or Microsoft Access 2000 (whichever applies).
- Click Add/Remove.
- In the Maintenance Mode dialog box, click Add/Remove Features.
- Click the plus sign next to Microsoft Access 2000 to expand the features list.
- Click Typical Wizards, and then click Run all from My Computer.
- Click Update Now.
When Setup is finished, rerun the Import Wizard. The Advanced option should function correctly.
Additional query words: pra
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB252749