Microsoft KB Archive/252722
Article ID: 252722
Article Last Modified on 1/26/2001
- Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q252722
When you install the Microsoft Exchange Connector for POP3 Mailboxes on a Small Business Server (SBS) 4.5 installation, the installation may not work and the following error message may be displayed:
In addition, the following error message may be displayed in the system log:
This behavior occurs because of an improperly configured network binding order in the Network tool in Control Panel.
To resolve this issue, use the following steps:
- Reset your network bindings to the proper configuration using the steps in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
252713 How to Properly Configure Network Binding Order on a Microsoft Small Business Server System
- When the server restarts, log on as Administrator and start the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.
- Click Microsoft Exchange Connector for POP3 Mailboxes, and then click Add/Remove to remove the original installation.NOTE: Delete the C:\Program Files\POP3 Connector folder, if this has not been removed.
- After the original installation is successfully removed, restart the installation.
Whenever you make any changes to your network setup (for example, adding protocols, adapters, or services), the binding order may be changed. You can set the correct binding order to resolve numerous network issues in SBS. Microsoft recommends that you check the binding order any time you make changes to the computer using the Network tool in Control Panel.
Additional query words: fail fails failed sbs sbs45 sbspop3
Keywords: kberrmsg kbnetwork kbprb KB252722