Microsoft KB Archive/252646
Article ID: 252646
Article Last Modified on 4/28/2000
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q252646
When you try to run Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Setup from a mapped network CD-ROM, you may receive the following error message:
You are trying to run Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Setup from a mapped network CD-ROM drive that has a space in its share name, for example, "CD ROM."
Change the share name to a name that does not have a space, such as CDROM.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
For this scenario, you need two computers: a Microsoft Windows 98 First Edition computer, and a Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition computer.
- On the first computer, install Microsoft Windows 98 First Edition with a typical installation.
- On a second computer, install Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition with a typical installation.
- On the second computer (the Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition computer), right click the CD-ROM drive, and then click Sharing.
- For the share name, type CD ROM, including the space.
- Click Apply.
- Click Yes to give user permissions to the share.
- On the first computer (the one with Microsoft Windows 98 First Edition), install Microsoft Office 2000.
- On the second computer (the Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition computer), place the Microsoft Office 2000 Developer CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive.
- On the first computer, map to the shared CD-ROM drive by right-clicking Network Neighborhood and typing the appropriate path, for example, \\computername\CD ROM.
- On the first computer, open My Computer. Open the newly-mapped drive letter.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
- Click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement, and then click Next.
- Type a valid product identification number.
- Type your name and the company name. Click Next.
- Make sure that Install Microsoft Office Developer VBA Tools is selected.
- Click Next.
Note that you receive the error message mentioned at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: pra
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB252646