Microsoft KB Archive/252605
Article ID: 252605
Article Last Modified on 3/1/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q252605
When attempting to uninstall AutoCAD Lt 2000 from the Start menu (by clicking Start, pointing to Programs, and selecting AutoCAD Lt 2000 Uninstall and then Uninstall AutoCAD LT 2000) a dialog box appears with the message, "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."
After you click ok, another message appears announcing that Windows is searching for the Unaclt.dll file.
The installation program does not understand long path names.
To work around this issue, remove the program using the Add/Remove Programs utility in Control Panel.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Install AutoCAD Lt 2000.
- Click Start, point to Programs, and select AutoCAD Lt 2000 Uninstall.
- Remove AutoCAD Lt 2000 by clicking on Uninstall AutoCAD Lt 2000.
The installation program cannot handle the long path name, so the link fails. However, you can uninstall the program using Control Panel.
Keywords: kbprb KB252605