Microsoft KB Archive/252517
Article ID: 252517
Article Last Modified on 5/13/2003
- Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
This article was previously published under Q252517
This article describes how to install Proxy Server Service Pack 1 with Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server Service Pack 6.0a.
To install Proxy Server Service Pack 1, follow these steps:
- Install Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server. (As a stand-alone or member server.)
- Install Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3 (Do not substitute Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4 or later at this time.)
- Install Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2 without the Active Desktop interface.
NOTE: The Windows NT Option Pack contains Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1, however we recommend that you install Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2 (Do not substitute Internet Explorer 5.0 or later at this time).
- Install the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack.
- Install Microsoft Proxy server 2.0.
- Install Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4 or Service Pack 5 (Do not install the Y2K updates at this time. The Y2K updates are installed by MDAC 2.1 Service Pack 2.)
- (Optional) Install Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.
- Install MDAC 18.104.22.16802.3, which is also known as MDAC 2.1 Service Pack 2.
- Install Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a or later.
NOTE: Even if you installed the latest Windows NT service pack in step 6 above, you must re-apply the latest service pack because the Windows NT Option Pack installation overwrites DLLs that are installed by the service pack.
- Install Proxy 2.0 Service Pack 1.
Additional query words: Proxy, Proxy2.0, SP1, IE4, IE5, OP, install
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo kbfile kbfaq KB252517