Microsoft KB Archive/252493
Article ID: 252493
Article Last Modified on 7/30/2001
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q252493
When you run the Package and Deployment Wizard that is included with Microsoft Office 2000 Developer, a Microsoft Access 2000 database (*.mdb) that contains Oracle or AS/400 linked tables or Microsoft Exchange data returns the following error message:
To resolve the "Invalid procedure call or argument" error message:
- In Microsoft Access, remove the linked tables from the database.
- Start the Package and Deployment Wizard to create a package.
- After the package is created, open the Support folder.
- In Microsoft Access, open the database, and then re-create the link to the tables.
- Run the associated BAT file to re-create the CAB file. For example, if the database is Northwind.mdb, run Northwind.bat.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- Create a new database in Access 2000.
- Use the Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle to link a table from Oracle8. The driver is MSORCL32.dll, version : 2.573.3711.00.
- Save the database.
- Start the Package and Deployment Wizard. Click the Package button to create a package. When the wizard searches for additional dependencies, note that you receive the error message mentioned at the beginning of this article.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Additional query words: pra attached errmsg err msg runtime run time run-time solution relink acc2000
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbpdwizard kbpending KB252493