Microsoft KB Archive/252331
Article ID: 252331
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q252331
When you use the DLUpdate script from the Microsoft BackOffice Resource Kit, version 4.5, you may receive the following error message:
This problem can occur for either of the following reasons:
- You need to hard-code the name of the Exchange Server computer in the script on which this script is running.
- By default, the Active Directory Service Interface (ADSI) component communicates with the Exchange Server computer by using port 389. If the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) port number has been changed in Exchange Server, you must specify the correct port number in the script.
To resolve this problem, perform one of the following steps, as applicable:
- To address the first cause that is listed in the "Cause" section of this article, assign the Exchange Server computer name to the strServer variable in the script, for example:
strServer = "MYEXCHANGESERVER"
- To address the second cause that is listed in the "Cause" section of this article, append a colon and the correct LDAP port number to the Exchange Server computer name in the strServer variable in the script, for example:
strServer = "MYEXCHANGESERVER:390"
Keywords: kbprb KB252331