Microsoft KB Archive/252321
Article ID: 252321
Article Last Modified on 12/27/2003
- Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 2.12
This article was previously published under Q252321
After you install the DirectX Platform Adaptation Kit (DXPAK) version 1.0 on Windows CE Platform Builder version 2.12, the MAXDX sample configuration may not appear in the list of available sample configurations.
To properly register the DXPAK components with Platform Builder, you must import the Dx.cec component file. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Start Platform Builder.
- From the File menu, click Manage Platform Builder Components.
- In the Manage PB Component Files dialog box, click Import New.
- Browse to the C:\Program Files\Windows CE Platform Builder\2.12\Cepb212\Bin\Ide folder, click the Dx.cec file, and then click Open.
- In the Manage PB Component Files dialog box, click Done.
- Restart Platform Builder.
After you perform these steps, the MAXDX sample configuration appears in the CoreOS section of the Platform Builder catalog, and is available in the list of sample configurations in step 2 of the Windows CE Platform wizard.
Additional query words: maxdx sample configuration wince
Keywords: kbbug kbdocerr KB252321