Microsoft KB Archive/25230
Removing Depending Worksheet Names from Xternal List PSS ID Number: Q25230 Article last modified on 07-21-1988 PSS database name: D_MPlan
3.00 3.01 3.02 3.04
Question: I have a supporting worksheet that has been linked to several other worksheets, all of which have been deleted. When I do an Xternal List, these depending worksheets are still listed. Is there a way to remove them from this list?
Response: The following steps will remove the depending worksheet names from the list displayed in the Xternal List command:
- Save the supporting worksheet as a SYLK file by selecting Transfer Options and choosing Symbolic as the mode.
- Save the file using the Transfer Save command.
- Transfer Clear All (or you could Quit the program and reload it).
- Load the file using the Transfer Load command.
- Set the mode back to Normal in the Transfer Options menu.
- Save the file again, using the Transfer Save command.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1988.