Microsoft KB Archive/252105
Article ID: 252105
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q252105
Administrators in multi-Administrative-Group organizations may want to move the public folder hierarchy to a new Administrative Group for the following reasons:
- It may be necessary to decommission the first administrative group that owns the MAPI public folder hierarchy.
- There may be permission issues.
Before you can move a Top Level Hierarchy (TLH) to a new Administrative Group, a Public Folders container must exist.
To create a Public Folders container and move a TLH to it:
- Open the Exchange System Manager snap-in.
- Click to select the new Administrative Group.
- Right-click the Administrative Group, click New, and then click Public Folders Container.
- Navigate to the public folder tree that you want to move.
- Drag the public folder tree to the Public Folders container that you created in step 3.
Keywords: kbinfo KB252105