Microsoft KB Archive/251908
Article ID: 251908
Article Last Modified on 2/21/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251908
When you right-click the Recipients container in Exchange System Manager, there is no option to create a new recipient because in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, all user administration is done through the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
To create a new user,
- Open the Active Directory Users and Computers Snap-in.
- Expand the top level to show the domains.
- Right-click the domain for which you want to create the user, point to New, and then click User. This opens the New User dialog box.
- Type the first name, last name, and username, and then click Next.
- Type the password for the user, select any applicable options, and then click Next. The next screen is where you decide to give this user an Exchange mailbox and which server and Storage Group it will reside in.
Keywords: kbinfo KB251908