Microsoft KB Archive/251533
Article ID: 251533
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251533
When you are using the Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator program to move mailboxes between computers that are running Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 5.5, you may receive the following error message:
When you perform the operation, shortly after the Progress dialog box appears (at 1 percent complete), the error message is displayed.
Another symptom is that you might receive the following error:
Currently, using the Administrator program to move mailboxes is not supported. To move mailboxes, you must use the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in and follow these steps:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Connect to the domain in question.
- Navigate to the user container that contains the Exchange 5.5 user that you want to migrate.
- Right-click that user and select Exchange Tasks.
- Follow the prompts and select the option to Move Mailbox.
If Move Mailbox is not a choice in the Exchange Tasks Wizard, make sure that the Active Directory Connector has been properly configured and that the Recipient Update Service has been properly updated.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
Additional query words: exch2kp2w
Keywords: kbbug kberrmsg kbpending KB251533