Microsoft KB Archive/251422
Article ID: 251422
Article Last Modified on 8/29/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251422
Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1/SR-1a includes a new button to clear the Outlook forms cache. This button can be used if you experience a problem when you open a custom Outlook form.
NOTE: This button is only available if you have installed Outlook in Corporate/Workgroup mode. For additional information about Outlook modes, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
195479 OL2000: What Setup Option Should I Choose When I Install Outlook
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
Once Outlook SR-1/SR-1a is installed, you can use the following steps to clear the Outlook forms cache:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
- Click Advanced Options.
- In the Advanced Options box, click Custom Forms.
- In the Custom Forms box, click Manage Forms.
- In the Forms Manager box, click Clear Cache.
The Clear Cache button does the following:
- Destroys the current cache object in memory.
- Deletes the current the Frmcache.dat file.
- Deletes subdirectories containing any prior cached forms.
- Creates a new cache (for default Outlook forms only).
For additional information about the forms cache, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
232303 OL2000: How the Forms Cache Works
Additional query words: OutSol OutSol2000 OL2K frmcache dat
Keywords: kbfix kbinfo KB251422