Microsoft KB Archive/251413
Article ID: 251413
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251413
You may need to export the schema from an Exchange Server computer. The default schema is in the Schema.csv file on the Exchange Server distribution CD-ROM, but in some cases you may want to export the current schema for your site. For example, you may want to compare an old schema export to a new schema export to see the effects of a service pack update on the schema.
To export the schema, perform the following steps:
WARNING: If you use the raw mode of the Exchange Server Administrator program (admin /r) incorrectly, serious problems may occur that may require you to reinstall Microsoft Windows NT Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, or both. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems that result from using raw mode incorrectly can be solved. Use raw mode at your own risk.
- Start the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator program in raw mode by typing the following at a command prompt:
- On the View menu, click Raw Directory.
- In the left pane, click the Schema object. Wait for the schema to appear in right pane.
- Click any item in the right pane.
- On the File menu, click Save Window Contents. Type a name for the file, and then click OK.
This exports the schema to a .csv file that contains two columns, the Display Name column and the Modified column.
Additional query words: directory export
Keywords: kbhowto KB251413