Microsoft KB Archive/251382
Article ID: 251382
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q251382
After you connect to a PPTP server, you may not be able to transfer any data over the connection.
This issue can occur if all of the following statements are true:
- The PPTP server is running Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 or later.
- The PPTP client is running Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4 or earlier.
- The client password includes the German "Paragraph" sign (ANSI 167), also referenced as "Section Sign" symbol.
- You are forcing data encryption over the connection.
To resolve this issue, upgrade the client computer to use Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 or later.
To work around this issue, change the password. Do not use the German "Paragraph" sign in your password.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
Additional query words: encryption PPTP
Keywords: kbnetwork kbprb KB251382