Microsoft KB Archive/251367
Article ID: 251367
Article Last Modified on 8/18/2005
- Microsoft ActiveSync 3.6
- Microsoft ActiveSync 3.1
- Microsoft ActiveSync 3.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251367
When you start ActiveSync, "Not Installed" may be displayed in the Status column.
This behavior can occur if Microsoft Outlook is not registered with ActiveSync correctly. When you connect your device, ActiveSync looks for the program with which to synchronize. If you see "Not Installed" in the Status column, ActiveSync cannot find the program with which to synchronize.
Ensure that Outlook is installed on your computer. Outlook is located on the ActiveSync CD-ROM in the Extras folder. If Outlook is installed and the problem still occurs, use any of the following methods to resolve it:
- Disconnect your device. In Outlook 2000, click Detect and Repair on the Help menu. This repairs any corrupted Outlook files that ActiveSync may be required to use.
- Remove and reinstall ActiveSync by using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.
- Run Microsoft Office 2000 Setup again and click Add or Remove Features. Under Outlook for Windows, make sure Collaboration Data Objects is installed.
- Database corruption on the Microsoft Windows CE-based device can cause this behavior. If this is the case, you must perform a "cold" or "hard" reset on the device. For information about how to perform this reset, please consult the device's documentation or manufacturer.
- Disconnect your device. Close Outlook 2000 and any other programs that are running and follow these steps:
- Click on Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and click on the line that identifies your installed product that includes Microsoft Outlook 2000 (i.e., Microsoft Office 2000 Professional, Microsoft Office 2000 Premium SR-1, or Microsoft Outlook 2000), and then click the Add/Remove button.
- Insert your CD-ROM or other installation media as needed. Click on Repair Office (or Outlook) and then click Next. Click Repair errors in my Office installation, and then click Finish.
- After the repair is complete, close all open screens and double-click the Microsoft ActiveSync icon on your desktop. Click the File menu, and then click Remove Partnership. Connect your handheld device to the desktop computer and continue the process of creating a new Partnership, which starts automatically.
Additional query words: contacts calendar inbox tasks notes ol97 ol98 ol20 pocketpc
Keywords: kbprb KB251367