Microsoft KB Archive/251351
Article ID: 251351
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
This article was previously published under Q251351
When you try to use Microsoft Paint to open a graphic file other than a bitmap (.bmp) file, you may be unable to do so. However, you may be able to do so on a different computer in Paint.
This issue can occur because Paint only provides support for bitmap files. However, if you install a program that provides filters for other types of graphic files (such as .gif or .jpg files), Paint can then provide support for these file types.
To work around this issue and use Paint for files other than bitmap files, install a program that provides the appropriate graphics filter. For example, Microsoft Word for Windows provides an assortment of filters you can install.
Keywords: kbprb KB251351