Microsoft KB Archive/251276
Article ID: 251276
Article Last Modified on 2/3/2000
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251276
WARNING:This information is preliminary and has not been confirmed or tested by Microsoft. Use only with discretion.
When using Outlook you may encounter one or both of the following error messages:
In some cases this error is caused by a damaged installation of Microsoft Outlook Express 5.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Quit all programs and restart your computer. This step ensures that memory is not fragmented by the error.
- Cllick Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and in Add/Remove Program Properties, click Microsoft Outlook 98. Click Add/Remove to remove Outlook.
- After the removal is complete, return to Control Panel. Double-click Add/Remove Programs. Click Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and Internet Tools, and then click Add/Remove.
- In Internet Explorer 5 and Internet Tools, click Advanced, and then click to clear the check mark from the Outlook Express 5 check box. Click OK.
- In Add/Remove Programs, click Microsoft Outlook 98, and then click Add/Remove. In the Outlook 98 Active Setup Maintenance Wizard, click Rerun Outlook 98 Setup.
Additional query words: 98
Keywords: kbprb KB251276