Microsoft KB Archive/251247
Article ID: 251247
Article Last Modified on 11/3/2003
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q251247
When you proceed through the BackOffice Server 4.5 Deployment Wizard, the Setup Configuration Information dialog box may contain components that you did not previously select. The following components may appear in this list:
- Certificate Server
- Microsoft Queue Service
- Microsoft Transaction Server
These components are not installed on your computer and do not affect the installation or functionality of BackOffice Server.
To remove the Certificate Server, Microsoft Queue Service, and Microsoft Transaction Server components from the Setup Configuration Information dialog box, edit your Unattend.ini file using the following steps:
- Close and save the Unattend.ini file from the Setup Configuration Information dialog box.
- Open the Unattend.ini file that is located in the
driveletter:\Winnt\Temp folder (where
driveletteris your system drive letter).
- Use the Find tool to locate each of the following strings in your Unattend.ini file:
Windows NT Option Pack\Certificate Server
Windows NT Option Pack\Microsoft Message Queue
Windows NT Option Pack\Transaction Server
- Under each of these entries, find the line that begins with "InstallAction" and change it to the following:
- Save and close your Unattend.ini file.
- Run the Deployment Wizard again, specifying this new Unattend.ini file, and then continue the installation.
NOTE: If you make any mistakes editing the Unattend.ini file, the BackOffice Server 4.5 installation may not work. Please consult the Microsoft BackOffice Server Getting Started Guide for more information.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem when running BackOffice Server 4.5 on Windows 2000.
The Deployment Wizard lets you install BackOffice Server 4.5 across multiple servers. The wizard writes an Unattend.ini file to automate the installation and distribution of BackOffice Server 4.5.
Additional query words: fail fails failed
Keywords: kbprb KB251247