Microsoft KB Archive/251208
Article ID: 251208
Article Last Modified on 10/7/2003
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251208
When you try to connect to a dBASE file, the following error message may appear:
where <dBASEFile> is the name of the dBASE file you are attempting to connect to.
This behavior occurs if the following are true:
- You are connecting to the dBASE file with the dBASE ODBC driver that is included with Office 2000. - and -
- The dBASE file you are connecting to is open in another program. - and -
- You do not have the Borland Database Engine (BDE) installed.
To resolve this issue, obtain the the Borland Database Engine (BDE) from one of the following third-party vendors:
For information about how to contact the above mentioned vendors, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Additional query words: OFF2000 xl2000 wd2000 of2k xl2k wd2k xl20 wd20
Keywords: kbfix kbprb KB251208