Microsoft KB Archive/251034
Article ID: 251034
Article Last Modified on 9/9/2004
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251034
When you print a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, you may receive the following error message:
After you receive the error message, the presentation does not finish printing.
This error message occurs when both of the following conditions are true:
- Background printing is turned on.
- One or more objects in the presentation are corrupted or in an invalid format.
When background printing is turned on, Microsoft PowerPoint makes a temporary copy of the presentation when you print. The error message occurs during this process.
To resolve this problem, find the corrupted object in the presentation by going through the presentation one slide at a time and using the process of elimination. For more information about correcting damaged presentations, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
207377 How to troubleshoot damaged PowerPoint 2000 presentations
To work around this problem, turn off background printing by following these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Print tab, click to clear the Background printing check box, and then click OK.
Additional query words: hang stop pp9 ppt9 ms09.dll
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprint kbprb KB251034