Microsoft KB Archive/251026
Article ID: 251026
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251026
The Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Service can be used as a gateway for users on a Lotus cc:Mail system to send e-mail to the Internet. This article explains how cc:Mail clients need to address messages that they want to send to the Internet by means of the Exchange Server Internet Mail Service.
To use the Internet Mail Service as the gateway to the Internet, the Microsoft Exchange Connector for Lotus cc:Mail (CCMC) must be installed and configured on the Exchange Server computer and mail must flow between Exchange Server and cc:Mail. Additionally, the Internet Mail Service must be configured and running. This article assumes that the Connector for cc:Mail and the Internet Mail Service are already installed and configured.
When a cc:Mail client sends a message to an Internet or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address, the cc:Mail post office must be able to route SMTP mail messages to the Connector for cc:Mail. To address a message that you want to send from cc:Mail to the Internet by means of Exchange Server, use one of the two following methods:
- Append the name of the Connector for cc:Mail to the end of the SMTP address. For example, if the name of the Connector for cc:Mail is Exchange, the SMTP message address is as follows:
firstname.lastname@example.org at exchange
- Type the name of Connector for cc:Mail first followed by a colon and then add the SMTP address. For example, if the name of the Connector for cc:Mail is Exchange, then the SMTP message address is as follows:
NOTE: You can determine the name of the Connector for cc:Mail by performing the following steps:
- In the Exchange Server Administrator program, click the Configuration container, and then click Site Addressing.
- In the Site Addressing properties, click the Site Addressing tab.
- On the Site Addressing tab, the name of the Connector for cc:Mail is the value that is in the address type for CCMAIL.
Additional query words: IMS
Keywords: kbinfo KB251026