Microsoft KB Archive/250634
Article ID: 250634
Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit 5.5
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit 6.0
This article was previously published under Q250634
In previous versions of Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK), you can install custom components in one of two ways. You can either install the component before Microsoft Internet Explorer is installed or after Internet Explorer is installed, both before the reboot.
In IEAK 5.5 and 6, you can install custom components a third way. The new feature allows the installation of custom components after Internet Explorer is installed, after the reboot.
The three methods to install custom components are:
- Before Internet Explorer is installed, before the reboot. (Install before Internet Explorer)
- After Internet Explorer is installed, before the reboot. (Install after Internet Explorer)
- After Internet Explorer is installed, after the reboot. (Install after system restarts)
You can also install custom components only if Internet Explorer is installed successfully by selecting the Only install if Internet Explorer is installed successfully check box.
For example, to install hotfixes it is best to choose option three, "Install after system restarts" in conjunction with any optional command-line parameters you may wish to add. For additional information on common command line switches, see the articles listed in the "References" section.
NOTE: When you include third-party components, be sure to refer to the third-party vendor installation switches/recommendations.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
197147 Common Command-Line Switches for Self-Installing Update Files
Keywords: kbinfo kbenv KB250634