Microsoft KB Archive/250605
Article ID: 250605
Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
- Scholastic's The Magic School Bus Explores Bugs
This article was previously published under Q250605
When you start Scholastic's Magic School Bus series: Explores Bugs, the program may stop responding (hang) when you type your name and then click Go.
This behavior occurs if you used a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path name to install the program from a network share.
To work around this issue, map a drive letter to the network share from which you installed the program.
To map a drive letter to a network share:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive.
- In the Drive box, click the drive letter that you want to map to the network share.
- In the Path box, type the following line
servernameis the name of the server from which you installed the program and
sharenameis the name of the network share from which you installed the program.
- Click to select the Reconnect at logon check box.
- Click OK, and then quit Windows Explorer.
Additional query words: 1.00 mskids msb school bus hangs freeze locks
Keywords: kbnetwork kbprb KB250605