Microsoft KB Archive/250587
Article ID: 250587
Article Last Modified on 10/23/2000
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q250587
When reposting to a URL using SSL, Posting Acceptor fails with event ID 8840:
The Posting Acceptor is not configured to use the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) as the repost URL.
To resolve the issue, use the following configuration:
- Generate a SSL key based on the actual Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the computer.
- Submit this key to a root Certifying Authority (CA).
- If you are using Microsoft Certificate Server, you must install the Root Certifying Authority Certificate.
- If the Certificate Server is running Windows NT 4.0 SP4, follow the instructions in the Readme.sp4 file, which is located in the Winnt\System32 folder.
- Follow the instructions in section 3.10 to install the certificate.
- Posting Acceptor uses WinInet APIs. A report from Posting Acceptor to the SSL site is not supported.
- Restart the computer.
- Modify all script code to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.
- Reference the Posting Acceptor ISAPI filter and ASP pages with the FQDN, and then perform tests.
Posting acceptor and SSL only works with the actual FQDN. At present, it does not work with any other configuration.
Keywords: kbprb KB250587