Microsoft KB Archive/250485
Article ID: 250485
Article Last Modified on 9/28/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q250485
When you open the Support\tools\Deploy.cab folder and click Setupmgr.exe [as is stated in the OEM Preinstalation Kit (OPK) User's Guide] a "Browse For Folder" screen is displayed. You can use this screen to save the Setupmgr.exe file in any folder that you select on the hard disk.
However, when you save the Setupmgr.exe file in any folder and then click the file to run Setup Manager Wizard, the following error message is displayed:
The Setupmgx.dll file is missing.
To resolve the problem:
- Open the Support\tools\Deploy.cab folder.
- On the Edit menu in the Explorer window, click Select All.
- Right-click any of the files in the Support\tools\Deploy.cab folder, and click Extract.
- The "Browse For Folder" screen is displayed. Click the folder on your local hard disk in which you want to save the files.
If you click the Setupmgr.exe file, you do not receive the error message shown in the "Summary" section.
Keywords: kbprb kbsetup KB250485