Microsoft KB Archive/250483
Article ID: 250483
Article Last Modified on 11/14/2003
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 128-Bit Edition
This article was previously published under Q250483
When you run Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1 or 4.01 Service Pack 2 Setup, you may receive the following error message:
Also, extracting a new copy of this file from the Internet Explorer 4.0 .cab files may not resolve the issue.
This issue can occur if the Mssip32.dll file may is damaged or is the incorrect version.
To resolve this issue, rename all occurrences of the Mssip32.dll file, and then run Internet Explorer Setup again:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type mssip32.dll, and then click Find Now.
- In the list of found files, rename each file to a .old file extension, incrementing for files after the first such as .old, .old1, .old2, and so on. To rename a file, right-click it, type the new file name, and then press ENTER.
- Quit the Find tool, and then run Internet Explorer Setup.
Additional query words: ie4 ie4.01 ie401 sp2 sp1 ipf gpf
Keywords: kberrmsg kbsetup kbprb KB250483