Microsoft KB Archive/250478
Article ID: 250478
Article Last Modified on 10/29/2007
- Microsoft Expedia Streets 98
- Microsoft Expedia Streets 98 Deluxe Edition
- Microsoft Expedia Trip Planner 98
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with GPS Locator
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2004 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2002 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q250478
When you click GPS on the Tools menu in one of the programs listed in the "Applies to" section, you may receive the following error message:
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- Microsoft ActiveSynch 3.0 is installed on the computer.
- The communications (COM) port where you connect your GPS device is the same COM port that ActiveSynch uses to establish a serial connection.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
Connect your GPS device to a different COM port
If the computer has two COM ports, connect your GPS device to a COM port that is different from the one to which you connect your Microsoft Windows CE device.
Temporarily disable ActiveSynch
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Microsoft ActiveSynch.
- On the File menu, click Connection Settings.
- Click to clear the Allow serial cable or infrared connection to this COM port check box.
- Click OK.
Note You have to click to select the Allow serial cable or infrared connection to this COM port check box before you synchronize your Windows CE device.
Additional query words: auto-map amap
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbui KB250478