Microsoft KB Archive/250476
Article ID: 250476
Article Last Modified on 2/24/2002
- Microsoft Windows CE Toolkit for Visual Basic 6.0
This article was previously published under Q250476
When a project is executed for the second time from the development environment, the following error can occur:
This occurs when the application is run on the remote device.
A message box that is executed in the Terminate event of a form is not visible on the remote device. Although the application appears to have terminated, the process is still in memory because the message box has not been dismissed.
Kill the process for the application by following these steps:
- Launch the Process Viewer from the Windows CE menu in the development environment. The Windows CE Remote Process Viewer appears.
- Locate and select the pvbload.exe file in the process list.
- Click the Terminate Process button on the toolbar and wait for the pvbload.exe file to disappear from the list.
This behavior only occurs in the Windows CE Platform.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start a new Windows CE Project in Visual Basic. Form1 is created by default.
- In the Project Properties dialog box, make sure that the target to run on is the default device.
Add the following code in Form1's code module:
Private Sub Form_Terminate() MsgBox "Terminate" End Sub
- Press the F5 key to run the program.
- Close Form1 on the remote device.
- Press F5 to run the program again. The error message described in the "Symptoms" section appears.
Additional query words: wince vbce vbce6
Keywords: kbtoolkit kbprb KB250476