Microsoft KB Archive/250457
Article ID: 250457
Article Last Modified on 2/3/2000
- Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q250457
When you upgrade a computer running Small Business Server 4.0 or 4.0a to Small Business Server 4.5, Dr. Watson may start when the progress bar reaches about 90% on the System Analysis and Component Loading dialog box.
The Dr. Watson error message is:
The following Event is recorded in the Application Log:
This issue can occur if the Telephony Service is not running. Either it is disabled or configured to log on as an account using an incorrect password.
NOTE: Part of the upgrade process makes a call to the Telephony API. Since the service is not running, it cannot return the requested information and the access violation in Dr.Watson is generated.
To resolve this issue, start the Telephony Service.
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then click Services.
- Right-click the Telephony service, and then click Properties.
- Click Start, and then click Manual in the Startup type box.
- On the Log On tab, click Local System account, and then click OK.
- Close the Services tool.
- Start the Telephony service.
- Install Small Business Server 4.5 Upgrade.
For additional information about upgrading SBS, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
239598 Upgrade from SBS 4.0 to SBS 4.5 Does Not Succeed
237401 Disk Space Requirements for Installing or Upgrading to SBS 4.5
Additional query words: smallbiz setupbo drwtsn32.log sbs
Keywords: kbsetup kbprb KB250457