Microsoft KB Archive/250438
Article ID: 250438
Article Last Modified on 7/15/2004
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q250438
When using the Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Content Deployment service to replicate Front Page Webs, the Front Page Hit Counter on the destination server resets to zero.
The counter is reset to zero due to the hit counter files in the _private directory being updated.
To prevent the hit counter files from being over written you will need to add an exclude filter for the _private directory in the Front Page Web to the Content Deployment project. Use the following steps to add an exclude filter.
- Open properties for the Content Deployment project.
- Select the FILTERS tab.
- Click ADD to add a new filter.
- Select EXCLUDE as the first option and DIRECTORY as the second option.
- Specify the physical path to the _private directory.
- Click OK.
Keywords: kbprb KB250438