Microsoft KB Archive/250361
Article ID: 250361
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 3
This article was previously published under Q250361
Migrated Lotus cc:Mail database version 8 (DB8) users who have personal address book (PAB) entries may receive a message that has "Migrated Message File Address Book (PAB)" as the subject, which contains instructions to import the .pab file attached to the message as a Microsoft Mail File (.mmf) for the Microsoft Outlook client for Windows 95 and Windows NT.
If the migrated user follows the instructions in the message to import the attached .pab file, blank Outlook contacts are created for each cc:Mail PAB entry, and empty personal distribution list (PDL) entries are created for each cc:Mail personal mailing list entry.
To work around this problem:
- Remove the blank Outlook contacts and empty Outlook personal DLs.
- Perform the following steps to import the attached .pab file as a personal address book:
- Open the message that has "Migrated Message File Address Book (PAB)" as the subject, and on the File menu, click Save Attachments.
- Type the location where you want to save the .pab file and type a file name that you want to save the .pab file as, and then click Save.
- From the main menu in Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export, click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- In the Select file type to import from list, click Personal Address Book, and then click Next.
- Type the location of the .pab file that you saved in step b, click Open, and then click OK.
- After the .pab file has been imported, click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 Service Pack 3.
To change the PAB import instructions that appear in the migrated user's Inbox, add a Pabmsg.txt file to the computer running the Microsoft Exchange Migration Wizard. For additional information about how to add a Pabmsg.txt file, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
175967 XADM: Cannot Edit the PAB Migration Message in Exchange 5.0
Additional query words: mlmig32.dll migration migrate ccmail 2000 97 98
Keywords: kbprb KB250361