Microsoft KB Archive/250339
Article ID: 250339
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2007
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
This article was previously published under Q250339
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
This article applies to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb) and to a Microsoft Access project (.adp).
When you try to create a new Microsoft Access project file (ADP) or when you try to upsize a Microsoft Access database file (MDB), Access appears to stop responding (hangs), or you receive the following error message:
Upgrade the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) on the client computer to version 2.6 or later. You can download the latest version of MDAC from the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- Install Access 2000 and the Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) on a clean Microsoft Windows 2000 computer. Make sure that the Windows 2000 computer is a member of a domain that contains a large number of SQL Servers.
- Open the Northwind sample database in Access.
- On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Upsizing Wizard.
- Click Create new database, and then click Next. Note that the Upsizing Wizard appear to hang. If you click Next again, you will receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section of this article.
Additional query words: pra hang
Keywords: kbbug kberrmsg kbfix KB250339