Microsoft KB Archive/250338
Article ID: 250338
Article Last Modified on 10/26/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q250338
Mdbvu32.exe is a MAPI utility designed to view MAPI messages and folders and their properties. These messages can be stored in various MAPI store providers (such as Microsoft Exchange Server). Mdbvu32.exe does not have features to view rules messages easily (such as those rules produced by Inbox Assistant and the Rules Wizard). Specifically, the following minor issues are present:
- Rules are saved as associated messages in a folder (such as the Inbox). Rules do not typically have a PR_SUBJECT property, and Mdbvu32 displays the Entry ID in a format that resembles the following:
cb: 40|*pb: EF 00 00 00 00 19 82, and so on
- After you delete a message, focus is reset to the first item in the Messages in Folder and Associated Messages in Folder list boxes. If you are deleting many rules, it can be time consuming to find the location of your last deletion to continue searching for the next rule to delete.
- When you attempt to delete a rule (or any message that has no PR_SUBJECT property), a confirmation dialog box appears with a pull-down list of messages to be deleted, and the list is empty. Having no items in the confirmation list makes it easier to accidentally delete other messages unintentionally.
- Many MAPI properties are not recognized by Mdbuv32 and are displayed without their textual names.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Exchange Server 5.5. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
191014 XGEN: How to Obtain the latest Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5. This problem was first corrected in Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 4.
Keywords: kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbexchange550presp4fix kbexchange550sp4fix kbfix kbqfe KB250338