Microsoft KB Archive/250271
Article ID: 250271
Article Last Modified on 3/1/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
This article was previously published under Q250271
You may experience either of the following symptoms at the beginning of GUI-mode Setup:
- The screen goes black for a long time.
- You receive the following error message:
This is a known issue with Micron Powerdigm XSU dual-processor P2-300 computers with a BIOS dated 1997.
To resolve this issue, use either of the following methods:
- Upgrade the computer's BIOS to a version that resolves the issue. For information about upgrading your computer's BIOS, please contact the computer's manufacturer.
- Insert the video adapter in expansion slot 0 (the first PCI slot on the motherboard) until a BIOS revision that resolves the issue is available.
The definition of the "Stop" error message is:
Additional query words: 0xB4
Keywords: kbhardware kbprb kbsetup KB250271