Microsoft KB Archive/250269
Article ID: 250269
Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
- Microsoft Picture It! 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q250269
When you associate a graphic file format with Microsoft Picture It! 2000, you may receive the following error message in Picture It! if you attempt to open a file of this format from Windows Explorer:
This behavior occurs if the file association is not properly registered in the Windows registry when you associate the graphic file format with Picture It! 2000.
To resolve this issue, associate the graphic file format with Picture It! 2000 in Windows Explorer:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- On the View menu, click Options or Folder Options.
- Click the File Types tab.
- In the Registered file types box, click the graphics file format that you want to associate with Picture It! 2000, and then click Edit.
- In the Actions box, click open, and then click Edit.
- In the Application used to perform action box, type the following line:
drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Picture.exe" "%1"
driveis the drive letter of the hard disk on which Picture It! is installed.
- Click OK, and then click Close.
- Click Close, and then quit Windows Explorer.
Repeat these steps for each graphic file format that you want to associate with Picture It! 2000 in Windows Explorer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: pictureit pi2k formats gif jpeg
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix kbenv kbui kbgraphic KB250269