Microsoft KB Archive/250191
Article ID: 250191
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q250191
You can install BackOffice Server 4.5 on Windows 2000 Server using the BackOffice Server 4.5 Readiness Kit for Windows 2000 Server. After you install BackOffice Server 4.5 using Intranet Collaboration Scenario, you may experience problems gaining access to resources on the local intranet site.
After you go to the http://
servername/inetkit site and you click Library on the toolbar, you are prompted to type your logon credentials. After you type your user name and password, the same dialog box may appear again and you are unable to proceed. After you type your credentials three times, the following error message is displayed:
This behavior occurs because the selected user does not have Log on Locally permissions within the domain.
To resolve this problem, give the user Log on Locally permissions for the domain:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Domain Controller Security Policy.
- Expand Security Settings, expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
- In the right window pane, double-click Log on Locally.
- Add the appropriate user. Make sure the user logs off and logs back on before attempting to gain access to the intranet site again.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem when running Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5 on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server.
Additional query words: navigate navigation
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB250191