Microsoft KB Archive/250076
Article ID: 250076
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
This article was previously published under Q250076
After you switch your primary slave removable drive with a fixed disk drive, when you view the fixed disk drive in Device Manager, it may be listed as a removable drive.
To work around this issue, make the Removable option unavailable in the properties of the drive; to do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab, and then double-click the Disk drives icon to expand it.
- Double-click the appropriate disk drive, click the Settings tab, and then click to clear the Removable check box.
- Click OK twice, and then restart your computer.
Keywords: kbprb kbui KB250076