Microsoft KB Archive/249914
Article ID: 249914
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q249914
After you install the Compaq Software Support Disk (SSD) version 2.12c and then reboot your computer, you may receive a STOP 0x0000007b error message citing an inaccessible boot disk.
To resolve this behavior, copy the Cpqarray.sys file from a parallel installation of Microsoft Windows NT 4.0. Follow these steps:
- Install a parallel copy of Windows NT 4.0.
- Apply Service Pack 5 to the parallel installation. Do not apply the Compaq SSD.
- Restart the computer in the parallel installation.
- Rename the Cpqarray.sys file in the original Windows NT 4.0 installation.
- Copy the Cpqarray.sys file from the parallel installation to the original installation.
- Restart the computer in the original installation.
Keywords: kbprb KB249914