Microsoft KB Archive/249901
Article ID: 249901
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2003
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q249901
A Data Transformation Services (DTS) package may lose its screen layout as seen in the DTS Package Designer inside SQL Enterprise Manager if:
- The package is opened programmatically outside the DTS Package Designer. For example, using Visual Basic or Visual C++.
- The package is then saved with or without any changes.
- The package is then reopened in the DTS Package Designer.
This behavior is by design.
If no changes to the DTS Package itself are intended, a copy of the package can be made and opened programmatically.
Keywords: kbprb KB249901