Microsoft KB Archive/249736
Article ID: 249736
Article Last Modified on 8/25/2004
- Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Greetings 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q249736
When you attempt to print a calendar that is integrated with your Microsoft Works Calendar in Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 or Microsoft Greetings 2000, you may receive the following message:
An animated printer icon is displayed, but the calendar is not printed.
This behavior can occur if the Wkprint.dll file is not located in the same folder as the Wksgen.dll file that is installed when you run Home Publishing 2000 Setup.
To resolve this issue, download the Hp2kp282.exe file from the Microsoft Download Center, and then run this file to install the Wkprint.dll file.
NOTE: When you download the Hp2kp282.exe file, you can save this file to any location on your hard disk other than the Windows\System folder.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Release Date: Jan-10-2000
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
When you finish downloading the Hp2kp282.exe file, install the update. To do this:
- Quit all programs that are running on your computer except Explorer and Systray (which are components of Windows). To do this:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
- In the Close Program dialog box, click any program except Explorer or Systray, and then click End Task. If you receive a message stating that the program has stopped responding, click End Task again.
- Repeat steps A and B to quit all programs except Explorer and Systray.
- Double-click the Hp2kp282.exe file.
- When you are prompted to install this update, click Yes.
- When you are prompted to agree to the End-User License Agreement (EULA), click Yes.
- When you are prompted to confirm that the update was installed successfully, click Yes.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Home Publishing 2000.
Additional query words: hp2k hp2000 homepub2k updates printing
Keywords: kbprint kbprb KB249736