Microsoft KB Archive/249633
Article ID: 249633
Article Last Modified on 1/5/2000
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q249633
When using the scroll button of a combo or list box to scroll through data that has a SET FILTER TO expression, the data in the combo or list box will not be refreshed to show the new data until the mouse button is released. If there is no SET FILTER used on the data the data moves as the scroll button moves and immediately displays the new data.
NOTE: Setting DELETED ON in Visual FoxPro 6.0 causes the same behavior to occur.
This behavior is by design. When any type of filter is used there is no real time scrolling of data in a combo or list box.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
Copy the following code into a program (.prg) file and then run the program. This code uses the customer.dbf sample table that comes with Visual FoxPro. Make sure that a path is set to the table:
PUBLIC oform oform = CREATEOBJECT("frmFilterTest") oform.Show DEFINE CLASS frmFilterTest AS form Top = 0 Left = 0 Height = 255 Width = 354 DoCreate = .T. Caption = "frmFilterTest" Name = "frmFilterTest" ADD OBJECT cboFilter AS combobox WITH ; RowSourceType = 6, ; RowSource = "customer.cust_id", ; Height = 24, ; Left = 24, ; Top = 36, ; Width = 100, ; Name = "cboFilter" ADD OBJECT lstCustomer AS listbox WITH ; RowSourceType = 6, ; RowSource = "customer.cust_id", ; Height = 170, ; Left = 180, ; Top = 24, ; Width = 100, ; Name = "lstCustomer" ADD OBJECT cmdFilter AS commandbutton WITH ; Top = 156, ; Left = 24, ; Height = 27, ; Width = 84, ; Caption = "Filter On", ; Name = "cmdFilter" PROCEDURE Load SET DELETED OFF SET FILTER to maxordamt > 1000 PROCEDURE cmdFilter.Click IF This.caption='Filter On' SET FILTER TO This.caption='Filter Off' ELSE SET FILTER TO maxordamt > 1000 This.caption='Filter On' ENDIF
- Move the scroll button of the list or combo box and note that the data does not refresh until the mouse button is released.
- Select the Set Filter command button to turn the filter off and note that the data moves interactively when the scroll button is moved.
- Changing the SET DELETED OFF command to ON in the Load event of the code causes the same behavior to occur in both the combo and list boxes when you use Visual FoxPro 6.0.
Additional query words: KBDSE
Keywords: kbcodesnippet kbcontainer kbprb kbctrl KB249633