Microsoft KB Archive/249588
Article ID: 249588
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack 1
This article was previously published under Q249588
When a Systems Management Server (SMS) software distribution package that is created on a parent site arrives at the child site after the child site has been restored from a backup, SQL arithmetic overflow problems may be recorded at the child site. For example, Offer Manager may record the following error message in the Offermgr.log file when it tries to process the package:
This problem can occur after a child site is restored from a backup. After this occurs, Offer Manager does not verify the existence of the package first before it updates or inserts advertisements.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Systems Management Server version 2.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
236325 How to Obtain the Latest Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Systems Management Server version 2.0 SP1"/> This problem was first corrected in Systems Management Server version 2.0 Service Pack 2..
Using the Hotfix Installer
NOTE: You can use this method only for Intel-based computers.
- Copy the hotfix folder structure to a local folder on your site server or to a share on your network. It is important to keep the folder structure intact because the Q249588.exe update is dependent upon the folder structure. The Q249588.exe file is a Microsoft Windows Installer file that updates specific files on your site server.
- Log on to your site server by using an account with administrative privileges, and then quit all instances of the SMS Administrator console.
- Run the Q249588.exe file, and then follow the directions in the wizard to finish.
NOTE: You can use this method for both Intel-based and Alpha-based primary site servers.
- Copy the hotfix folder structure to a local folder on your site server or to a share on your network.
- Quit the SMS Administrator console.
- Stop all SMS Services.
- Copy the following files from the appropriate hotfix platform folder to the path that is specified below. A site server that is running on an Intel platform only needs the hotfix files from the I386 hotfix folder. A site server that is running on an Alpha platform only needs the hotfix files from the Alpha hotfix folder.
Basesvr.dll i386 1,562,528 bytes
Smsprov.dll i386 4,153,808 bytes
Basesvr.dll Alpha 2,394,384 bytes
Smsprov.dll Alpha 11,708,176 bytes
- Update the remote SMS provider by following these steps on the remote server that is running the SMS provider:
- Stop the SMS_SQL_MONITOR and Windows Management services.
- Copy the hotfixed SMS provider files from the appropriate hotfix platform folder to the <Drive>:\Smsprov\Bin\<Platform> folder.
- Restart the SMS_SQL_MONITOR and Windows Management services.
- Restart the SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER service on the site server.
To Update a Remote SMS Administrator Console
- From the updated SMS site server, copy the following SMS Administrator console file(s) to a diskette or network share:
- Make a backup copy of the file(s).
- Copy the updated file(s) from the diskette or network share to the SMS Administrator console folder:
Additional query words: prodsms
Keywords: kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbbug kbenv kbfix kbinterop kbpackage kbserver kbsms200sp2fix kbsoftwaredist kbupgrade KB249588