Microsoft KB Archive/249317
Article ID: 249317
Article Last Modified on 11/19/2004
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q249317
In Microsoft PowerPoint 2000, after you reformat a Microsoft Word 2000 table object, the table object may be resized when you type text and then move to a different table cell.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This problem was corrected for most cases; however, it is still possible that you may observe a slight change in the size of the table. If this occurs, please use the following workaround:
- After you type the text in your Word table, click back into your PowerPoint presentation to close the Word table object.
- Right-click the Word table object, and then click Format Object on the shortcut menu that appears.
- On the Size tab, change the Height and Width boxes back to the size that you want, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
For more information about how to insert and edit a Microsoft Word table in PowerPoint, click Microsoft PowerPoint Help on the Help menu, type insert Microsoft Word table in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search to view the topics returned.
Additional query words: WD2000
Keywords: kbbug kbfix KB249317