Microsoft KB Archive/249269
Article ID: 249269
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 95 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q249269
When you create or rename a folder or file, the following error message may appear:
This occurs if the following are true:
- You are using one of the programs listed in the "Applies to" section of this article. -and-
- You are using a long file name for the folder or file. -and-
- The folder or file you are creating or renaming is on a Banyan Vines, version 6.x, network server.
To work around this problem, use the 8.3 file naming convention.
This problem occurs when you use the programs listed in the "Applies to" section of this article and Banyan Vines.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Additional query words: OFF97
Keywords: kbbug KB249269