Microsoft KB Archive/249262
Article ID: 249262
Article Last Modified on 6/11/2002
- Microsoft Picture It! 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q249262
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
When you click Play the sound in one of the following projects in Picture It! 2000, no sound may be played:
- Web page
- Web album
- Web slide show
To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods.
Insert the CD-ROM
Insert the Picture It! Disc 2 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive before you attempt to play the sound in your project.
Copy the Picture It! Sound Files to Your Hard Disk
To copy the Picture It! sound files to your hard disk:
- Insert the Picture It! Disc 2 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type sounds.
- In the Look in box, click the CD-ROM drive, and then click Find Now.
- In the list of found files and folders, double-click the Sounds folder.
- On the Edit menu, click Select All.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Right-click the Start button, and then click Explore.
- In the left pane in Windows Explorer, double-click the My Documents folder.
- Double-click the My Sounds folder. If you do not have a My Sounds folder:
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Folder.
- Type My Sounds, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the My Sounds folder.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
- Close Windows Explorer, the Sounds folder, and the Find: Files named sounds dialog box.
When you insert a sound into a project using Picture It! 2000, click My Sounds under Click a sound to play when the Web page is shown.
Modify the Path Value in the Registry
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To modify the Path value in the registry:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to Software.
- Click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to Microsoft.
- Click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to Picture It!.
- Click the InstallRoot key.
- Double-click the Path value.
- In the Value data box, type the path to the Picture It! 2000 installation folder. The default location for the Picture It! 2000 installation folder is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Picture It!
- Click OK, and then quit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Picture It! 2000.
Additional query words: pi2k pictureit2k silent plays noises
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix kbweb kbmm kbusage KB249262