Microsoft KB Archive/248909
Article ID: 248909
Article Last Modified on 3/10/2003
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248909
Advanced: Requires expert coding, interoperability, and multiuser skills.
This article applies only to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb).
When you try to save a change that you made in Design view of a table, you may receive the following error message:
When you click OK, you receive the following error message:
You receive these error messages when all of the following conditions are true:
- You are working in a Jet SQL replica.
- There is at least one decimal column in the table that you are changing.
- You change a property for any column, for example the ValidationText property.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 OFF2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
If you click Yes when Access asks if you want to save the design of the table, you receive the error messages mentioned in the "Symptoms" section of this article again.
If you click No, when you open the table again, you find that Access saved the properties that you changed anyway.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
Create the following new table:
Table: tblMyTest ---------------------- Field Name: DecimalCol Data Type: Decimal Length: 13 Precision: 28 Scale: 14
- Create a Merge publication and specify that some subscribers will be Jet 4.0 databases. Select the tblMyTest table as the only article.
- Create a global Jet subscription and name it MyTest.mdb.
- Push the publication to the subscription.
- Run the Merge Agent if it has not already run.
- Open the MyTest.mdb file in Access 2000.
- Open the tblMyTest table in Design view.
- In any column, change the ValidationText property to Testing.
NOTE: To reproduce this error, you can change any property.
- Save the table. Note that you receive the error messages mentioned in the "Symptoms" section of this article.
Additional query words: pra loop repeatedly repeats
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug KB248909