Microsoft KB Archive/248795
Article ID: 248795
Article Last Modified on 4/22/2003
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q248795
When running the Setup Wizard, you select the option to distribute the ODBC Drivers as part of your application setup. However, the Setup Wizard does not include the latest Visual FoxPro ODBC Drivers that are installed in the System Folder. Instead, the Setup Wizard uses the Visual FoxPro ODBC Drivers that are installed in the HOME() + 'DISTRIB.SRC\SYSTEM' directory.
The recommended way to work around this behavior is to distribute Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) with your application.
One way to ensure that the user has the latest version of MDAC is to:
- Download the latest version of MDAC from the following Web site:Microsoft Universal Data Access Web Site
- Include the Mdac_typ.exe file in your distribution files.
- In Step 4 - Specify Setup Options/Post-setup executable of the Setup Wizard, specify the path to the Mdac_typ.exe file.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start Visual FoxPro.
- From the Tools menu, point to Wizards, and then choose Setup to run the Setup Wizard.
- In Step 2 - Specify Components, make sure that you select the ODBC Drivers check box.
- Complete the remaining steps of the Setup Wizard.
- When the Setup Wizard finishes, click the Preview Report command button.
- Browse across the Report Preview and look for the file named Vfpodbc.dll.
- Compare the size of the Sqlsrv32.dll file in the Report Preview against the size of the file located in the Windows System Folder.
Additional query words: MDAC
Keywords: kbappsetup kbprb kbwizard kbclientserver kbfaq KB248795