Microsoft KB Archive/248787
Article ID: 248787
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
This article was previously published under Q248787
After installing Office 2000 Small Business, PowerPoint 97 no longer opens. When you start PowerPoint, you see the splash screen flash very quickly, but PowerPoint does not open.
Some files required by both Office 2000 Small Business, and PowerPoint 97 were not properly updated during Setup.
To resolve this problem:
- On the Start menu, click Run. In the Open box, type regedit and click OK.
- In Registry Editor, click the plus signs (+) to navigate to and then select the following subkey (folder):
- On the Edit menu, click Delete. Click Yes when asked to confirm the deletion.
- On the Registry menu, click Exit.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- In the list of installed programs, click Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition and click Add/Remove.
- Click Reinstall, and allow setup to complete.
For additional information about similar setup issues, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
164921 Mso97.dll and Mso7enu.dll Errors Appear When Starting a Program