Microsoft KB Archive/248743
Article ID: 248743
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248743
This article describes how to migrate e-mail messages from a Novell GroupWise 5.x mailbox to an existing Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 mailbox.
To migrate e-mail messages to an existing mailbox, you need to create a secondary proxy GroupWise address on the mailbox that you want to migrate the messages to. This address must match the GroupWise address of the user's mail that you want to migrate the messages from.
To migrate e-mail messages to an existing mailbox:
- Start the Exchange Server Migration Wizard and click Migrate from Novell GroupWise 5.x.
- When a dialog box is displayed that asks which migration procedure you want to perform, click Extract Migration Files only.
- Select the users that you want to migrate when you are prompted to do so.
- When a dialog box is displayed that asks what information you would like to migrate, click to clear the Information to create mailboxes check box.
- Complete the migration.
Keywords: kbhowto KB248743